Friday, September 22, 2006

Fall Cleaning?


My cleaning style is somewhat haphazard. I get a few minutes here and there and I do whatever is most urgent--clean the bathrooms, wash the underwear, scrub the dishes. It seems like what gets left behind is the general organization and straightening that goes along with having a large chunk of time to devote to cleaning. Cupboards get jumbled, closets get full, whatever isn't urgent (ie, visible to guests, haha) doesn't get done. I really need to devote a day or even a whole weekend to cleaning, organizing, and fall decorating. It will be much less stressful to not have all that hanging over my head, but a lot of tiring hard work to accomplish. Maybe I can do it the last weekend in September, but it might have to wait until Columbus day weekend.

Here's the plan:

Throw away clutter!
Clean high traffic areas of carpet
Empty, clean and reorganize all cupboards in kitchen.
Pack away summer clothes and get out fall/winter clothes.
Wash windows.
Empty and repack downstairs closet
Empty and repack guest bedroom closet
Donate unused clothes to church

Bottom line: don't leave a nook or cranny un-disturbed. Now we will see if I actually follow through....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and me both, except I have no excuse. You have to see my fireplace decorated with my $2 autumn leaves and pinecone garland from Michaels! Its so pretty!