Monday, January 21, 2008

monday, monday


Why is it when you are exhausted everything seems so much harder? I have to go to the grocery store today and that seems like an insurmountable mountain. Three nights of a cranky, wakeful, sick baby have depleted all my reserves of energy and motivation. Even walking the dog (who is pacing and whining right now) looks hard from where I am. It doesn't help that it is eleven degrees outside--brrr. Aubrey got another cold and she is such a drama queen about it. Her only symptom really is a runny and stuffy nose. No fever or anything. But she won't sleep because of the runny nose. I spent a good part of the past two nights on the floor in the nursery with her, trying to keep her quiet so as not to wake Bill. Aubrey didn't want to walk, rock, nurse, so I finally gave up and hauled my pillows and comforter off the bed and put them on the floor and lay down beside her and wonder of wonders she fell right to sleep. After 45 minutes of me walking, patting, jiggling her while she was screaming and kicking her legs. Sigh. The things we do for our babies. :)



Yesterday was Aubrey's first day of baby food. She did okay with it, although at this point she doesn't recognise it as something edible, I wonder how long that will take. Right now she takes the cereal in her mouth and then lets most of it dribble off her chin while blowing bubbles with it. It is cute. (yes, that is Bill's hand feeding her. Mine isn't that hairy, I promise.)


2 comments:

Adam and Hayley said...

We almost got that exact same bib. Ours is the pink circles one.

Liz Chapman said...

What a stylish sweatshirt. Hope she sleeps tonight!