Monday, April 07, 2008

Adventure Ahead!

Hooray! We are headed to the Outer banks for vacation at the end of this week. We are all so very excited--Bill and I because we haven't been on a weeks vacation since Summer 2005 in Maine, Dexter because he has never gotten to swim in the ocean and run on the beach before and Aubrey because, well, okay, maybe she isn't excited yet. But she will be because she will get to spend 24 hours a day for 9 straight days with her favorite playmate in the world--Daddy. I have been spending the morning making a list of all we need to pack and have figured out why parents get minivans or huge SUVs. The smaller the person, the more stuff they have to bring. How we are going to fit the four of us and all our stuff in the CR-V I do not know. It certainly will take some creative maneuvering. Part of me is embarrassed at how long the list is--how much of this is really a "necessity"? I know I am going to bring a ton of things we don't end up needing and forget something that we really need. But isn't that all part of the fun?

1 comment:

Bala Waxworks said...

Swimming in the ocean in April?? I guess dogs don't mind frigid water! Hope you have a great time. Don't forget to send photos afterwards.... I don't wanna miss Aubrey's 1st vacation! luvya~ L