Tuesday, May 23, 2006

It's in my blood


Bill and I are planning to go camping and hiking this upcoming holiday weekend in the northern part of the Washington and Jefferson National Forest. I am very excited because we haven't been camping for about two years now. Camping and hiking have always been in my blood and I definitely feel like something is missing when I don't go for so long. My family always spent a few long weekends a year camping in the White Mountains in New Hampshire (which is where my parents are right now actually). It is always such a satisfying experience being in the outdoors 24/7, getting tons of exercise, catching up on reading, and not having a schedule to keep. I am hoping it doesn't rain this weekend (which would not be a fun camping experience) and that the three day weekend will give us enough time to relax and unwind.

No comments: