Thursday, May 11, 2006

the little things add up

I know I have been lax about posting for the past few weeks. As they say, there hasn't been much of anything to "write home about." It is all the little things that have kept me too busy for any philosophical musings of late.

Here is a quote for the day from Jane Austen: "To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment." I could use some of that refreshment.



(a view of the lake from the woods in front of my parents house)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's Mercy at the top of the stairs to the dock!

Anonymous said...

We watched a movie set in Hawaii tonight, and it made me want a tropical vacation so much!
:-( boo for having to stay home to make a living.

Anonymous said...

As a stay at home mom, I sometimes forget that I have the freedom to go outside and enjoy the refreshment of nature that working people lack. With three babies, days blur together and I tend to long for dusk and bedtime. You've convinced me to go take a walk later. Thanks. Now if I could just get them to cooperate and keep their shoes on.