Friday, January 12, 2007

He is learning karate already

Yesterday Bill and I heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time. The doctor put the doppler heartbeat moniter thing on me and found it right away. As we were listening the little guy (or girl) started kicking. The heartbeat was like woosh woosh woosh woosh and then there would be a thump then another one. It is amazing to me that the baby is only about 2 inches long and weighs less than an ounce and has such an amazing capacity for action. Another cool fact we learned: I can't feel the baby moving yet because my brain thinks that the movements are digestive tract movements and makes it so I am not aware of them. I guess if we were aware of all the moving in our guts we would be very distracted people. I still have a few more weeks until the baby's movements are enough that my brain lets me feel them--I can't wait!

No comments: