Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A New Year with Lots of Changes

Can you believe it is 2007 already? Happy New Year! I have been absent from blogging lately because I was so busy with the office shutting down and some other important goings on in our lives that I couldn't keep up! This will be a bit of a catch-up post, as well as a look ahead to the new year.

This new year holds some major changes for Bill and I: the most major one being that I am pregnant! I apologise if you are finding this out by reading my blog, I tried to tell everyone in person or on the phone, but I am sure I haven't gotten to a few people yet. Our baby is due July 25th which makes me 11 weeks pregnant tomorrow.

Secondly, tomorrow will be the first day that our office will be no more. After we lost re-election I have been very busy helping pack up the office and transitioning everyone on to new prospects. Since we found out that I was pregnant only 11 days after the election, I haven't worked too hard on finding a job for myself. I am still looking at part-time or work from home options--ideas are certainly welcome! I know that I will be incredibly busy once the baby is born, but worry about going crazy staying home without a job up until that point.

Which brings me to another new thing for this year--we just filled out an adoption application with the local Labrador Retriever Rescue Society. Call me crazy, but it is lonely in a house without a dog!

Another most welcome change the new year will bring is that Bill will finish his MBA in June. It has certainly been a challenging project, especially for him, to give up 99% of his free time to get the degree. We hope (and believe) the reward will be worth it.

Also in the news: we bought a new (used) car! I knew for sure I would go crazy at home with no car, so now we are the proud owners of a 2002 royal blue CR-V. Lots of room for a baby and all the stuff that goes with a baby and a big dog too. :)

So, as you can see we are in a huge time of transition. It is very exciting, and more than a little scary, as we face these changes in our life. Most importantly we are seeking God's will and direction for us and we are thrilled to see where He has us going!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yayyyy!!! We can't wait to be grandparents! Although we are really too young ;)