Friday, August 31, 2007

Okay, so I confess, I have not been following what has been going on with the government and politics lately. Something about having a baby has kept me otherwise occupied... Occasionally I will have a few precious minutes and I will read some news headlines and think what in the world is going on? What a mess lately, no? Rove, Snowe, and Gonzales stepping down, and now this Senator Craig business! While many would turn from politics with disgust, it actually makes me wish I was back on the Hill, I am sure things are really buzzing. :) I am looking forward to seeing some of my old work friends next weekend; they will be sure to have some good stories. It is sad though that it is the mess-ups that make all the headlines and not the people who manage to do their jobs and remain above reproach. That's the news media for you I suppose.


and because I am a mommy and I can't resist--Aubrey started smiling this week. I tried to get a picture, but because she was so close to me and moving it came out a bit blurry.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when are you guys coming up for a visit? We want to meet our newest neice!

Liz Chapman said...

Hi Becky. It was so great to see you yesterday. And let me say it again, you look sooo great!!! Let's definitely grab lunch sometime if not during the week on the weekends. I can't wait to meet Baby Aubrey.