Sunday, February 24, 2008

indecision

I am not a decisive person. Decisions often make me uncomfortable, I go over and over in my head, did I do the right thing, did I make the right one?

Friday I took Aubrey to get her pictures taken professionally at Portrait Innovations. This was the first time we had done it since the newborn ones in the hospital. Aubrey was very cooperative, no crying or fussing. It was so much fun, she got to sit in a couple different chairs, play with stuffed animals and flowers, change outfits a bunch of times. The photographer and helper person were very friendly and easy to work with. Five backgrounds and 97 shots later, we were done.

Then came the hard part.

The package that I went in for was a great deal. Only $9.95 for a ton of pictures, way more than you really need. The catch is that it is all in one pose. What? I have to choose one pose out of the 100 that you took!?! AAAAhhhh! I am so not good at deciding these things. Which is where they get you of course. I picked out the poses that I liked--I narrowed it all the way down to twelve. The phototgrapher was very helpful with the narrowing process. He would take two pictures that were similar and like an eye doctor say, "Which is better: A or B?" and toggle back and forth until I could choose. Then the dude says okay, if you get all those your total will be $249.95 or something like that. Me: "Ummmm....I am not really looking to spend quite that much money (gulp)..." So back to the whole which do you like better, A or B? I am sure inwardly the photog was rolling his eyes, but outwardly he was very patient.

All told I picked three poses--and didn't end up spending too much. Now I just have to erase those other pictures from my mind and tell myself that yes I did pick the best ones.

Next time I think I will make Bill come. He is much better at the deciding than I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, and what makes it hard (for me) is knowing that all the "unwanted" pictures will be going into the trash. It kills me!

Daisy said...

oops! Ellie was logged into her gmail account. That was me

Anonymous said...

Haha, if you don't sound just like your father!