Friday, February 08, 2008

Some bits of news

Aubrey has sprouted fangs! Her top teeth have come in, not the two in the middle, but the two on the other side of those. Well, her left one is out, her right almost coming out. Now I understand the past week of major sleep regression--I thought I had a newborn again! She was up four or five times a night and not napping! Last night was finally better, I think she is back to her once waking at four a.m. now. I feel like a new woman with sleep again. :) I have a handout from my pediatrician that says: "For most children, teething is painless. Teething occasionally causes mild gum pain, which doesn't interfere with sleep....Teething does not cause sleep problems, diarrhea, diaper rash..." Uh-huh, whatever! Apparently the doctor who wrote this didn't have a child who was a bad teether. I think Aubrey must be ultra sensitive or something.

I have been having fun making baby food! All she has started on so far are sweet potatoes, but I have been steaming and food processoring and freezing away! So far she gags on the sweet potatoes, but I think it will just take her a while to get used to the new flavor--all that has gone in that mouth to eat prior to this has been milk and rice cereal, both very mild.

Tomorrow we are getting new carpet in the main level and in the basement. One day a couple weeks ago I got a very unexpected check in the mail from the U.S. Treasury. With some detective work we figured out it was for a pension plan from my old job that I didn't qualify for because I didn't quite make the five year mark. Money had been automatically deposited there, which they refunded me. So the grand total of the work for the carpet came out to about $150 less than the check--exactly what we needed for our new vaccuum! What amazing evidence of God working in and blessing our lives. Oh, and the new vaccuum is amazing. I don't think I realized how poorly the old one was working until I got this new one--Eureka!

We also purchased a bigger car seat for Aubrey. We don't need it quite yet, but Britax has a sale in February, so we got the car seat we wanted for about $60 off. Our big baby is less than an inch away from growing out of her current carseat lengthwise.

No comments: