Monday, August 25, 2008

It is too hot out to wear jeans

but I am doing it anyway. I just got a new pair on Saturday and they fit so well. All my pre-pregnancy jeans are way too big--all size 8s and 6s. Weirdly I am now a size 4 (or 28 at j.crew), at least on bottom. It is such a nice thing to have a pair of jeans that fit me with no saggy bottom or (as Hayley named it) crotch saggage. In the past few weeks, I bought two pairs of jeans from two different stores and tried on multiple pairs in other stores and in all of them I am a size four which is so strange to me since I have never worn that size. I think I was an eight when I was like 12 years old. So either I am shrinking or sizes are growing--or (most likely) both.

Anyway, I have to decide what to do with all my old clothes. I have so many suits from working, casual pants that are too big, etc. Probably what I should do is keep my favorites in the bigger sizes, just a few things, and then donate the rest. I realize there is a possibility that I will get bigger again now that I am weaning Aubrey and also with future pregnancies. There is also the sentimentality of many of these clothes--oh, this is the suit I was wearing when I interviewed for my job, this is the one I was wearing when I attended Reagan's funeral, this is what I was wearing when I found out I was pregnant, etc. Any thoughts? Like go for it Becky, get rid of everything that doesn't fit, you dont' need 5 saggy baggy suits. Or don't do it! You'll gain back all that weight eventually and do you want to buy all new clothes? Oh wait, that sounds like fun. ;)

5 comments:

Shannon :: The Scribble Pad said...

Becky, there is a great consignment shop in Eastern Market, Clothes Encounters. They are picky about what they take (it has to be in season, good condition, and likely to sell in their store) but everything I have taken there has always sold. It is less of a hassle than e-bay, plus you can choose to get unsold items back or have them donated for a tax credit. Check it out (or other consignment stores near you).

The best part is then you will have money for new clothes!

Adam and Hayley said...

yay new jeans. You did get a great deal.

Did you buy new jeans at the j crew store when we were out there (in lynchburg)?

Bala Waxworks said...

Keeping clothes for sentimental reasons I've found is a bad idea. The chance of you wearing a size or two larger in the next couple of years is barely thinkable... and after it's been 6 or 8 yrs since you wore the "suit from..." the style changes and you'll want something more current. Take it from someone that finally gave up a ton of clothes from another "era" and still struggles w/ needing more closet space! Good luck saying "goodby" and "hello" to more fun stuff that actually fits! :) ~L

Daisy said...

Wearing size 4 is fun, no matter what the reason! (Or at least I would like to think so, if I ever fit into a size 4!)

Shannon :: The Scribble Pad said...

It is jeans weather today!