Monday, January 09, 2006

Expecting...


Well, I know there has been a lot about guinea pigs on my blog lately, but I am just so excited that Buttercup is pregnant, that I guess I am a little bit obsessed. :) By my best estimate, she is due anywhere from the last week of this month to the first week in February. I took a picture of her growing belly. When I hold her, I can feel the babies moving--yes, plural, I can feel at least two! Princess Buttercup is getting the royal treatment: lots of fresh fruits and veggies, extra vitamin drops in her water, two kinds of hay (mixed together carefully of course), and extra bedding to pad her growing tummy.

I can't wait to see what the babies look like when they are here, and it is fun thinking about names. I already know one of them is hyper (like his/her mommy) and one is more laid back (like his/her daddy).

I'll keep you posted, I can't wait until there are baby pictures to show!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations; can't wait for the birth announcement!! It's been a long time since we had some piggie babies.