Tuesday, January 03, 2006

On to another year

Christmas is over, New Year's is past, and I can't help but feel a little bit down. Excitement built up for weeks, and we did have a really great time. We had a wonderful Christmas with my family in Connecticut--walking around Essex, ice skating on the lake, good food, and great conversation. I think my favorite thing about staying at my parents' house is that I can get up and wander around in my pajamas and Dad will make me coffee. Then we will just sit around and talk and get a slow start to the day. It is so relaxing and comforting.

The week off from work was great too. I got so much cleaning, cooking and organizing done. I was sick the first two days, and did nothing, but then I felt better and got to work! Bill was at work all week and he had to do school, so I got a taste of being a stay at home wife. I definitely could get used to it! Plus I would be able to get a dog... I got to watch almost all of the first season of Lost on DVD. Such a great show, it still boggled my mind the second time around.

New Year's Eve was spent with our friends Adam, Hayley, Dave, and Mindy at Adam and Hayley's house. They had lots of great food, we played games, and welcomed 2006 with much cheer. FYI, I think this is the first New Year's Eve party I have ever been to.

Now it is time to look ahead to 2006. I have always disliked making "resolutions" which just beg to be broken, but it is nice to take some time to think ahead to what is going to happen and you want to accomplish in the year. Most of all I am grateful and excited that I will be spending the year married to the most wonderful husband in the world (yes, I am biased, and sappy to boot) and surrounded with great friends and a supportive family.

No comments: