Thursday, February 23, 2006

Primavera

A bird calls, a green shoot breaks through the dead leaves of fall, a bud swells on a tree. The earthy-wet scent of the slowly warming ground faintly tinges the air. A fresh sense of energy stirs creatures wild and tame.




Even though snow fell yesterday, Spring is starting to make her appearance. It is exciting to think of the end of the winter. As a lover of gardening and the outdoors, I start getting a real case of cabin fever about this time of year. I long to spend my evenings after work and my weekends walking outside, taking hikes in the mountains, and exploring local parks. And gardening! Just to walk down the rows of flowering plants at the local garden center is pure delight. It is so hard to choose just a few to come home with me. I have been enlisted to help a few friends with their gardens this spring--we will have so much fun!

Spring--this season I am anticipating with a great sense of elation.

No comments: