Sunday, February 12, 2006

Winter's not done yet!


We spent this weekend inside--lots of snow fell yesterday and today, the sun is finally peeking out around noon. I estimate we got just under a foot of snow, and it took us a good long time to dig out the car. Then we went on a walk in the snow, we were covered in it anyway. It was halfway up my shins! Perfect snowball snow. Being snowed in put a crimp in our plans for the weekend, but it isn't turning out too badly. Last night I made a big pot of chili and some cornbread and we watched a movie. If only the snow came a bit later, I might have gotten out of work tomorrow. It is looking like it will be okay to drive soon now, since the sun is coming out to melt the snow off the roads. I bet they will still cancel school around here--the DC area can't handle snow very well, especially the schools.

No comments: