Thursday, March 27, 2008

I slept in my own bed last night. I missed it! For the past four nights I have stayed with Aubrey in her room because she came down with a case of croup. It has been a pretty miserable and sometimes scary experience. We had to leave from our visit with Bill's family in Pennsylvania early and sadly missed seeing many of them. Poor little baby, every time she coughed she would cry because it hurt. We spent lots of time in the bathroom with the shower running breathing in the steam. The nights were the worst, she couldn't lay down without coughing so Bill and I took turns holding her upright in the rocking chair trying to help her sleep.

Between lack of sleep and feeling sick, Aubrey has been so very cranky and needy. It was a lot easier to hold her 20 hours a day when she was 9 lbs. Now that she is 21 lbs. my back and arms are really hurting!

We are on the mend now. She still has a cough, but it is not the barking cough of croup, just a congested cough of a bad cold. I hope she continues to mend quickly--she has a friend's first birthday party to attend this weekend!

No comments: