Monday, March 03, 2008

One of the things I would say when I was pregnant was that I couldn't wait until I wasn't pregnant anymore so I could take medicine for the minor illnesses that people come down with. Colds basically. So one thing you don't find out until later is that you can't really take drugs while you are breastfeeding either. Especially ones that dry up runny noses because that can dry up milk too. Here I sit with a faucet for a nose longing for some Tylenol Cold...

Aubrey has been having increasing separation anxiety. One of her main play areas is on the living room floor and she is fine just sitting there banging her toys together if I am in the room. But if I might step out into the kitchen, or horrors, try to go to the bathroom--instant shrieking. This weekend she even was doing it if Bill was sitting right with her and I walked out of the room. No Mommy! You must be in attendance at all times! So now the Bumbo seat is set up in the bathroom and I dangle TP in front of her to keep her amused as I try to go to the bathroom and I play peekaboo around the shower door when I am trying to wash. Everything else I do is now done while holding her. It is amazing what I can accomplish with one hand while balancing a 20 pound baby on my hip.

This is Aubrey playing in the living room. The bow on her head was just me being silly--it was off of a Valentine's day gift.

2 comments:

Steph said...

That bow is so adorable!!!

Daisy said...

Yes, we are going through that too-- no one else can even hold her if I am in the room.