Thursday, May 22, 2008

An Aubrey Moment--I don't want to be here


So here I am sitting on the living room floor. I have plenty of toys in reach, my sippy with water, and some cheerios, but what I really want is Mommy's full attention. But she told me that I need to sit here and play while she drinks her coffee and reads emails. Not cool! Aaaah! AAAAHhhh! WwwweeeHHh! hmmm, that isn't working, she knows it is a fake cry. I know! I'll throw my toy out of reach. Wwaaaahhhh! Bummer. Mommy said that if I want that toy I should go get it myself. What else can I do? (creeps forward with hands, gets up on knees, then flops onto belly). Waaah! Mommy, I fell on my tummy! Humph. Mommy said she saw me do it on purpose. fine. (flips over onto back to think) *cough* Hey, Mommy, just gave me a worried look. Maybe she thinks I am choking on a cheerio or something. *Cough, cough, COUGH* Yay! it worked! Mommy left the computer and her coffee to come make sure I am fine. Oops, as soon as she got over here I gave a big grin and giggled. I couldn't help it, I was so happy to have figured out how to get her attention.

No comments: