Wednesday, November 19, 2008

lip lesson

Last night I was feeling lazy. During my pre-bed face washing I realized I had moved my face wash and could either try to find it with a dripping wet face or just use Bill's. Of course I took the easy way and used my hubby's face wash. Now his stuff is usually a little harsher than I like to use on my skin, but whatever, one washing won't hurt. Or so I thought.

After finishing my bedtime preparations, I jumped into bed with my new library book and snuggled under my down comforter. I read a few sentences and noticed a sort of numb and tingly feeling in my upper lip. Weird I thought, and went back to reading. A few minutes later it was still there so I reluctantly left my warm nest in the bed and looked in the bathroom mirror. My lip was swollen to about twice its normal size! Just my upper lip. It looked like a really bad plastic surgery job--think Meg Ryan a few years ago. I stared at it for a few more minutes, and poked it, and it didn't seem to be getting any worse, so I jumped back into bed. I only entertained a few panicky thoughts about my whole face swelling up and not being able to breathe, or the swelling not going down and having to walk around looking like I had a botched lip plumping.

Bill came in after walking the dog and I asked, does my lip look swollen? Somehow I thought perhaps I was imagining it. Bill was quite amused by my new look and told me not to worry about it, it would be fine in the morning.

He's right, it is. Lesson learned, don't be lazy and use man cleanser on your face, unless you want to see what you would look like after a collagen lip plumping.

2 comments:

Bala Waxworks said...

Lucky for you it didn't get much worse. It's the little surprises like this that indicate having Benedryl (that hasn't expired) in the house at all times is the best prevention... something about an ounce of...?! Glad you're fine for the holiday! luv, L

Liz Chapman said...

THat is so funny! I actually saw Meg Ryan in person on the Vineyard a few years ago and yes, her lips are totally botched.