Friday, November 18, 2005

Friends' Blessing


Never underestimate the power of friends. Yesterday was a hard day: no seat on the metro, overload of stress at work, froze in the wind and cold waiting for Bill to pick me up, I forgot to thaw chicken for dinner, and I had to cook and clean for our Bible study coming over. Practically in tears, I had only fifty minutes to get everything done. I did, but I had to cheat with the food by making Pilsbury Doughboy cookies instead of from scratch.

Anyway, we had a great Bible study meeting! The six of us got into a deep discussion about heaven and hell (based on our reading of chapter six of The Case for Faith by Lee Strobel). I really love the way that we can wrestle with issues and not have a pat answer for everything. It challenges us to dig deeper into the Bible for answers and not to just take everything we read as the final word.

In addition to good study, we enjoyed good fellowship. I am so blessed to be a part of a group that can laugh and joke together as well as open up and share our thoughts. God took care of my needs through my friends, and at the end of the evening, I was refreshed and re-motivated.

Thanks to all in the Centreville Young Couples Bible Study (hey, we need to name ourselves something) for being great friends!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Word Nerds, oh that made me laugh!