Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Late Fall Cooking



November already....

The days are shorter, nights are colder, and the air is crisper. We are having really beautiful weather that makes me wish I could spend more time outside, especially since it is dark when I get home from work now.

One of my very favorite things about the cooler weather is the food. I have been on a fall baking binge. Chicken pot pie, chili and cornbread, apple crisp, ginger bread--to name a few of my old favorites.

Two new recipies I discovered this season: Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting and Spiced Pumpkin Waffles. The waffles were really simple to make, and very tasty with lots of maple syrup drizzled on them. They also made the whole house smell very good because of all the spices in them. The cupcakes were more complicated, but well worth the effort!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cake sounds yummy! Can't wait to try it!