Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Just Around the Corner

Things have already been getting busy for the holiday season. I am going to start my cookie baking this weekend and I just finished all our Christmas party invitations. When I was counting the weekends until Christmas, I figured out how little time that I have to do Christmas shopping! I am really excited though, I love the holidays. Sometimes I am sure that I irritate people with how much "Christmas Spirit" I have; maybe I am the anti-Scrooge or Christmastime Pollyanna.

Fall is coming to a close: it is dropping from the 70s during the day today to the 30s tonight. Fifty mile-per-hour wind gusts are finishing off any leaves that are still on the trees. Time to do my final fall pruning in my garden, and prepare the plants for the cold.

One more week until Thanksgiving, which we are spending in Pennsylvania this year. Time to plan what to bring to the huge dinner Bill's mom hosts every year. Apple pie for sure, it was a big hit last time. I am excited to see all the nieces and nephews; Erika's one year birthday party is that weekend so we will be able to attend.

No comments: